Hubbell’s new inREACH mounting bracket was specifically designed to enhance installation efficiency of cord reels and assist in providing labor savings, especially when it comes to the end of a project.Before the bracket, you would need 2-3 individuals to mount a cord reel. 1-2 to hold the reel in position while another completes any modifications and secures it to the support structure. These are almost always saved for the end of the project, when time is limited, and being rushed to be off site.
This bracket allows for the original installation to be broken up into two parts now:
- Rough in: One person can mount the bracket during the rough-in process, allowing them to complete any structure modifications and adjustments early on.
- Trim out: When it’s time to complete the installation, only one individual is needed to slide and secure the cord reel into the bracket and energize the reel.
You eliminate the need for additional labor by installing the bracket during the early stages of the project, and save yourself money on the job.
inREACH Cord Reels are available in a variety of sizes in both white and yellow. They can be used outdoors or indoors in washdown environments, with several features that make them ideal for commercial and industrial environments:
- Corrosion-resistant cast aluminum construction that resists impact
- Positive latch mechanism to automatically maintain desired cord lengths
- Ratchet lock that allows for constant tension when needed
- Designed for use with 15 amp, 20 amp, and 30 amp industrial products
“Our new mounting solution is designed to help installers maximize efficiency,” says Benny Thomas, Product Manager at Hubbell Wiring Device-Kellems. “This revamped Hubbell solution is just another example of how we’re helping our customers with all of their wire management needs.”